Thursday 18 February 2010

Dermday

Just had to post about this on the off chance that it may reach further afield, and hopefully to raise awareness. I know some of you may have seen my blog over on my website at: www.friends-of-ichthyosis.webs.com about the Dermday event which I attended back in July last year (2009). Well my husband and I have been invited to attend another one and I thought I'd post the info on here should anyone happen to see it who may be interested in getting involved and helping out. This is what I wrote in a recent message to all my members on my website.

"Hi Everyone,

Are you affected by Ichthyosis or know someone who is? Are you interested in helping to educate future doctors/dermatologists (student doctors) about Ichthyosis or related skin conditions? Then you may be interested in the following event.

On Saturday 13th March 2010 at Manchester Royal Infirmary in the UK, a 'Dermday' will be held. I attended a similar event myself in July last year and it was a very interesting experience from a patient's point of view and I really felt that I contributed to the education of future dermatologists and doctors. Many of the student doctors I spoke to (if not all) were not aware of Ichthyosis and were genuinely interested in the condition and learning about it. I got some great feedback which was very positive, saying the doctors there had learned a lot - mission accomplished! I have since been informed that the day overall was a great success - hence why more are being planned.

If you would like further information about what the event involves, please check the Friends of Ichthyosis website blog about the event at the following link:

http://friends-of-ichthyosis.webs.com/apps/blog/entries/show/1376502-dermatology-student-research-day-4th-july-2009

Or just go to www.friends-of-ichthyosis.webs.com and click on the 'Blog' link at the top of the page.

You can also contact me directly via my email address at: friends-of-ichthyosis@live.co.uk

So please, if you are interested or know of anyone you think may be interested do get in touch. The more people we can get involved the better. Education is the key in raising awareness of Ichthyosis and your help is vital and greatly appreciated.

Many thanks & kind regards
Melanie Bradley (Friends of Ichthyosis Admin)"

Just thought I'd share ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment